Advancing God's Kingdom
Outreach & Mission are the things we do that help other people. We don't do them to help our church, or to help ourselves. We seek to build the kingdom of God by restoring the lives of broken people.
- The Helping Hand Food Pantry which offers food to over 400 families and individuals in the Pascack Valley every month. Call 201-664-0600 if you, or someone you know, need food assistance,
- CUMAC/ECHO serves Paterson NJ with a pantry, thrift store, soup kitchens, tutoring, literacy programs, and more.
- Family Promise offers food and shelter to the homeless or those with transitional housing needs.
- Public Theology Advocates is a new ministry in our church, working for social justice in the Pascack Valley and beyond.
- UMC Special Sundays are special collection offerings dedicated to global UMC missions and ministries, supporting disaster relief around the world, students who need money for school, and peace and justice ministries in the USA.
- Once a year in May, we do a "Change the World" event where a variety of small projects add up to something extraordinary.
Advancing God's Kingdom by Helping the Church
We help others with our time, our talent, and our tithe. Consider devoting some of yours to one of our ministries in the church.
- Worship services are supported by Ushers, "First Friends", Greeters, the Worship Planning Team, Sunday School teachers, the Music Ministry and the Connections Ministry.
- Administrative committees include the Church Council, Staff/Parish Relations, Finance, Trustees, and Nominations.
- Other ministries include: the Family Ministry creating events for all ages; Vacation Bible School; Bible Studies; Men's and Women's groups; Prayer Shawl; the Caring Ministry which visits our home-bound; our Mixed Bowling League, and more.
- Click here to visit Our Ministries page. To learn more about any of our ministries, contact the ministry leads or the church office.