Helping Hand Food Pantry
A free-standing, non-profit charitable organization staffed by volunteers who join their hearts, hands, time, energy, and resources to provide food for those in need.
HHFP doors are open:
First Saturday of the Month: 9-10:30am
For more information about our services or to arrange a donation, please call 201-664-0600 (a volunteer will return your call as soon as possible). Click here for a printable list of our most needed items.
Helping Hand Food Pantry:
- Is a free-standing, non-profit charitable organization granted 501c3 (tax exempt) status by the IRS.
- Is governed by a Board of Trustees, and staffed by dedicated volunteers from our community who join their hearts, hands, time, energy, and resources to provide food for those in need.
- Has no administrative expenses.
- Relies entirely on private donations, fundraisers, food drives, and grants to serve those in need.
- Serves more than 400 neighbors in the Pascack Valley area every month, including families-in-need, elderly, shut-ins, veterans, and neighbors experiencing an emergency crisis or disaster.
HHFP is affiliated with, but not operated by, Hillsdale United Methodist Church.
United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women is the largest denominational faith organization for women with approximately 800,000 members whose mission is fostering spiritual growth, developing leaders, and advocating for justice. Members raise up to $20 million each year for programs and projects related to women, children, and youth in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world.
We are always seeking -
- volunteers to stay overnight at Our Lady Mother of the Church Roman Catholic Church, Woodcliff Ave., Woodcliff Lake, on the Fridays in the summer months and make simple cereal type breakfasts on Saturday morning. These volunteers would also need to pack bag lunches for each of the family members;
- volunteers to cook meals for the families that night and bring it to OLMC; and
- monetary contributions that will go toward the breakfast and lunch items that she will need to buy for our Saturday morning breakfasts and lunch contributions.